Saturday, October 3, 2009

Letters: DAY ONE (about the introduction)


I arrived early on my first day of the residency to install the last of the bags on the walls. I then talked to students and faculty about the installation all day. In the (very) short segments of time that I was alone in the space, I began to draw out my imagery on the canvas. This must have looked funny in the live webcam being that the pencil was too light for anyone to see. Those watching the broadcast could only see me make short, invisible pencil marks on the canvas, then stand back and squint, and then repeat the process until someone entered the room. My mom said that she saw me eat an apple. To see footage in real time, go here and click "artist-in-residence":

http://www.arts.cornell.edu/econ/artgallery/index.html

I will be in the space from 10am-6pm this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment